Resurrection Ev Lutheran Church was founded in December, 1976, in Kettering, Ohio, by Pastor F. G. Knueppel.
The congregation membership consisted of ten communicants and twelve souls.
Significant subsequent events have been as follows:
April, 1977 Mission Status granted
July, 1978 Candidate Jonathan E. Rimmert ordained and installed as first resident pastor
October, 1980 2.25 acre site purchased for future chapel
May, 1981 Worship site moved to 11 N. Main Street in Centerville
September, 1982 Pastor Rimmert accepted a call.
Pastor David A. Grundmeier of Abiding Word Ev. Lutheran Church in Maineville served as vacancy pastor.
June, 1983 Candidate Dennis J. Himm ordained and installed
May, 1984 Ground breaking at 1300 Norwich Lane
December, 1984 Dedicated newly constructed Worship/Education/Fellowship (W/E/F) unit to the glory of God
July, 1985 Purchased parsonage at 112 Dale Ridge Drive
December, 1986 Allen organ was donated to the congregation
April, 1987 Celebrated congregation’s 10th Anniversary
Sept., 1988 Pastor Himm accepted a call.
Pastor Keith R. Free of Peace of Our Savior Ev. Lutheran Church in New Carlisle, OH served as vacancy pastor.
June, 1989 Pastor Joel R. Voss installed as pastor1998 Surpassed 100 souls in membership
Apr., 2000 Ground breaking for new sanctuary
Aug., 2001 Dedicated new sanctuary to the glory of God
Changed address to 1315 E. Alex-Bell Road
May, 2002 Celebrated congregation’s 25th Anniversary
June, 2006 Sold parsonage
Ended status as a mission congregationAug, 2008
Launched website www.welsdayton.org
Summer, 2009 Pastor Voss elected WELS 2nd Vice President
Spring, 2011 Commissioning service for the Pluger family as they join Lutheran Bible Translators(http://www.lbt.org) in Zambia Africa in their effort to translate the Bible into the Nsenga language
May, 2012 Began transmitting worship services to armed forces stationed in Afghanistan
May, 2012 Resurrection celebrated 35 years of faithfully proclaiming God’s Word. To God be the glory!